2018 is right around the corner, and I wanted to create a list to hold myself accountable.
- Travel to New Places. At least two new international locations and two new domestic. 2017 was a bit of a transition period for me, and I did not get to have as many of the travel experiences as I normally do due to time and budgeting priorities. 2018 is different because I know my schedule and financial situation:) Let me know if you want to travel or would like a visitor!
- Learn Spanish. This sort of goes along with the international travel piece above. I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, but have since lost practice and forgotten a lot of it. I want to improve in my conversational Spanish and use it in my travels. Anyone want to practice with me or be my language partner?
- Say Yes. After listening to a podcast on Shona Rhimes’ “Year of Yes”, I am inspired to say yes to even more opportunities and experiences this year. More parties, events, travel, experiences. So if you ever need a companion or know of fun opportunities, invite me!
- No Makeup. I’m not someone who wears much if any makeup to begin with, and I would like to continue this in 2018. This means not wearing any ever (not for special occasions, going out etc). Don’t think this should be too hard since I already have gone 4 months or so. Plus it helps me focus on eating and living healthy, which I believe is the key to “glowing” (better than any make up could ever do!) Note: please don’t take this to mean I am anti-makeup…you do whatever makes you feel your best!!
- Be Impeccable With My Word. This comes from Don Miguel Ruiz’ “The Four Agreements”, and I believe will be the most challenging. Ruiz writes that being impeccable means to use your word ” in the direction of truth and love” and to “clean the emotional poison that lies within you”. Speak with integrity and speak only what you mean. Express what you really want. Communicate truthfully. Don’t say yes if you really mean no. Don’t gossip just to fit in. Live with integrity. Don’t say you’re going to exercise or eat healthy or save money, and then turn around and do the opposite.
Alright..this list of 5 is a good start for me. What do you plan on doing or changing in the year 2018?
Hope you have a great last day of 2017, and cheers to the new year!!